Virtual Summer Camp
Hi Campers!!! Welcome to Summer Camp at Home! We are so excited to go on this NEW adventure with you! We can’t wait to see you in our virtual camp sessions! We will have so much fun, doing activities, learning new skills, and re-connecting with all of our Worcester camp friends. This packet is filled with fun camp activities that you can do on your own time or during live sessions. Some of our activities will take place over zoom calls, instructions on how to use zoom are included in the packet.
Remember, if you have any questions, please contact our Virtual Camp Director Allen Swiger: firstname.lastname@example.org
Zoom Instructions for Campers and Caregivers
-Please be sure to log into the zoom meeting 5-7 minutes before each session -Pre-registration required at worcesterrecandparks.org under the “register” tab for the 3 zoom events, this is where you will get the zoom link to be able to join -Zoom meetings limited to 20 spots
Before you ZOOM
1. You will need your computer, Chromebook, tablet, or smartphone.
2. You will receive a notification from Worcester Summer Camp with a 9-digit meeting ID that you can use to join virtual camp or we will email you a link to click on to join the ZOOM session
To Join a ZOOM
1. Join the meeting by clicking on a ZOOM link provided by Worcester Summer Camp. (join.zoom.us).
2. Follow the prompts to download and run ZOOM.
3. Enter your meeting ID if you are prompted to do so.
4. Click to join the audio conference.
5. You will enter a wait room, please wait until the Camp Director is ready to let you in.
6. When you are in the meeting, click on the start video button to turn on the camera on your device.
7. Everyone will be muted upon entering. During the Zoom session, please mute yourself when you are not speaking, unless you are asked otherwise.
Using the icons along the bottom of the screen you can:
• Mute/Unmute your microphone - your counselor may ask you to mute your microphone during parts of the session to limit background noises.
• You can un-mute your device to ask your counselor a question.
• Turn on/off your camera - turning your camera on allows your counselor and other campers to see you and know you are following along with them.
• View participant list - this opens a list of all the students logged into the classroom.
• Raise your hand.’ If you click to raise your hand, it will notify your counselor so they can talk to you.
• Share screen - this allows your counselor to share their computer screen with you.
• Chat - this opens a chat window where the counselor can see any questions you may have and respond to you.
• Break Out Rooms: If needed, you will be invited to join a break out room. Please select join room when the Camp Director announces that everyone will be going into groups.